Black Friday looms ahead, and whether you plan on hiding out in your home for the duration of the shopping frenzy or battling it out with the masses, this Friday will mark one of the busiest shopping days of the year. We all love a good deal, but what we really love at ShoreBread is scoring a good deal while supporting our local small businesses. That’s why we’re saving a chunk of our holiday shopping for Small Business Saturday this year.
This Saturday, November 30, is Small Business Saturday, a day to celebrate and support small businesses and all they do for their communities. The Eastern Shore is home to thousands of small businesses, from clothing stores to salons, all of which foster our local economy while helping our communities flourish. Small businesses are what keep our Eastern Shore towns unique, and while we should make a concerted effort to support them year-round, this Saturday we invite you to take special note and head to a small business in your area for your holiday shopping.
Small Business Saturday began as an effort to lure shoppers away from online shopping and big box stores and back to local small businesses and unique downtown communities. American Express works in conjunction with the movement, offering $10 back when you spend $10 or more. Simply register your eligible American Express card and get a $10 statement credit when you make a purchase of $10 or more at a qualifying small business locations on November 30. Use the Small Business Saturday Map to discover qualifying businesses.
Main Street Maryland also encourages the Small Business Saturday initiative with 135 small businesses located in Maryland’s 26 designated Main Street communities offering special discounts and deals all day long. Participating businesses will be giving shoppers special discounts and offers for shopping with them on Small Business Saturday. In order to receive the discount, simply print or download the Holiday Shopping Coupon to your mobile device and present it to a participating Main Street Maryland business.
The following area businesses are participating in Main Street Maryland’s Small Business Saturday initiative:
- Baked Dessert Café – 10% off all purchases
- Bruder Hill – 20% off all accessories and jewelry
- Bungalow Love – 10% off purchases with a complimentary gift with every purchase of $75
- Maryland Wine Bar – 10% off all apparel
- Nest – 20% off all Boppyowl bags
- Sister’s – 10% off all purchases excluding Pandora, Beer & Wine and all sale items
- The Treasure Chest – Stop in for a free gift
- Toy Town – 10% off all purchases
- Victorian Charm – Purchase any Vera Bradley wristlet and save 50% off on a second one
- The Kite Loft – 5% off purchases of $50 or more; 12% off purchases of $100 or more
- Park Place Jewelers – Get $10 off any purchase of $100 or more, or get $50 off any purchase of $300 or more
- Amber Nicole’s – 30% off of consignment clothing, 15% off bridal gown purchases
- Art Institute & Gallery – 10% off any purchase
- Chesapeake East – $10 off when you spend $60 or more
- OC Sports Collectibles – 20% off any purchase
- Enza’s Organic Salon – Buy 5 foils and receive 5 free foils
- Patsy’s Bridal – 50% off of already reduced dresses
- Seasons Best Antiques – In-store sale
- Studio M on the Plaza – Half-off spa pedicures
No matter the discount or deal, we suggest shopping at your favorite small businesses this Saturday as a show of support to the local brick and mortar businesses that we oftentimes take for granted. Whether they are participating in Small Business Saturday promotions or not, it’s a great chance to separate yourself from the herds at Wal-Mart while finding some truly unique holiday gifts. Join us as we #shopsmall.