The Eastern Shore Juneteenth Festival is returning for its second year this June! Downtown Salisbury will welcome music, dancing, food, and other activities for this festival on June 15, 2019 from 11am-8pm.
What is the purpose of Eastern Shore Juneteenth?
The goal of the Juneteenth Festival is to promote the values and triumphs, contributions, and culture of African Americans throughout the lower Eastern Shore of Maryland. They’ll do this through celebrations of education, entertainment, and tasty cuisines.
According to the Juneteenth site, the three goals of the festival are…
- Bring the entire community together to celebrate Black culture and contributions
- Merge history and the ongoing struggle for civil rights
- Create a safe place and free space for Black expression and creativity
This free event is open to the public!
Back in 2018, the idea of Juneteenth started with two community organizers who decided to partner with the Chipman Foundation. The first Juneteenth took place last year at the Chipman Cultural Center in Salisbury. Since then, the festival’s two organizers have grown into a community, and plan to continue to enhance this annual festival each year.
Festival Music and Entertainment
- Wicomico Middle School D.I.V.A.S
- Fearless Action
- Poetry Slam
- Prince Street Elementary School’s Rhythm & Roots
- Jmor Lyfe & Band
- Uprizing Band
- Rochelle Denise
- Rumors Stackabilli
- Scholar Kuwgi