ONE DAY ‘TIL WE SIP ‘N SHUCK! REGISTER NOW!
We’re all craving freshly shucked oysters and we all want to support Maryland’s seafood industry… So let’s get together for a free virtual happy hour featuring a few of ORP’s partners who’ll teach us how to order, shuck, store, prepare, and pair oysters at home! Register now.
- A live cheers with Matt Brophy, COO at Flying Dog Brewery, and more info about Pearl Necklace Oyster Stout.
- Tal Petty, Hollywood Oyster, will give us a glimpse into life on a Chesapeake Bay oyster farm, and share some interesting oyster facts.
- Dan Worrell, competitive oyster shucker and ORP Shell Recycling crew member, and Gardner Douglas, The Oyster Ninja Podcast, will demonstrate how to safely shuck and enjoy our favorite bivalves at home.
- Nick Schauman, The Local Oyster, will demo some simple and delicious grilled oyster recipes!
- Prize giveaways and more!
Shuck Along with Us!
Maryland oyster farms have struggled through the pandemic due to restaurant closures. They need our support now more than ever. These farms are offering direct to consumer deliveries. Place an order and have oysters on-hand to hone your shucking skills during the virtual event – and to enjoy afterwards! (Oysters can safely stay in your fridge for about two weeks, so no need to eat them all in one sitting.)
We’re offering this virtual event at no cost – the more the merrier! If you’re willing and able to give, then we suggest a $25 donation to cover production costs. Click here to donate.