Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- 8 sweet mini bells (sliced in half lengthwise then seeded)
- 4 ounces goat cheese (softened)
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoons onion powder
- 4 slices cooked bacon (crumbled and divided)
- 1/2 cups pepper sauce (sweet chili)
- Place oven rack in center position then preheat broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil then arrange sweet pepper halves on top.
- In a medium-sized bowl stir together goat cheese, cream cheese, garlic and onion powders, salt and pepper until smooth. Add 3/4 of the bacon then stir to combine. Fill pepper halves to the top with the cheese mixture, smoothing with your finger or the back of a spoon.
- Broil for 3-4 minutes watching very carefully to avoid burning then transfer poppers to a platter and sprinkle with remaining bacon. If cheese doesn’t begin to brown within a minute or two, move rack up (you just don’t want to overcook the pepper halves.) Serve with sweet chili sauce for dipping.
Chef: Iowa Girl Eats