Yield: 15 Muffins
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed (+ 6 tbsp water, can sub 2 eggs)
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cups pure maple syrup (use ¾ cup for sweeter muffin)
- 1/2 cups vanilla yogurt (choice, use coconut or almond yogurt for dairy-free)
- 1/4 cups olive oil
- 1/2 cups fresh orange juice (I used navel oranges)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (packed, zest of 2 oranges)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Place ground flax and water in a small bowl. Stir and set aside.
- Measure flour by spooning it into the measuring cup and leveling it off. Combine flours, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Place blueberries in another bowl and toss with 2 tbsp of the flour mixture to avoid sinking.
- In another mixing bowl, combine flax mixture, maple syrup, olive oil, yogurt, orange juice, orange zest, and vanilla. Fold wet mixture into dry mixture until just combined. Don’t over-mix! Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon mixture ¾ way full into greased muffin tin. I baked the extra batter in a small dish for a little breakfast bake!
- Bake for about 16-18 minutes or until a fork comes out clean. Cool for 20 minutes before carefully transferring muffins to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. I like serving mine with butter or Earth Balance and a drizzle of honey!
Chef: Alexis Joseph