Saturated Fat: 6g
- 16 ounces edamame (shelled, fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cups chopped fresh cilantro (packed, roughly, including stems)
- 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- 1 avocado (peeled, pitted, roughly chopped)
- 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cups lime juice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 5 Tabasco Pepper Sauce (shakes of, less or more to taste)
- 3 drops dark sesame oil (more to taste)
- Bring 2 quarts of well salted water (2 Tbsp salt) to a boil. Add the shelled edamame. Return to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes, or until cooked through and tender. Drain with cold water.
- Place drained cooked edamame in a food processor. Pulse several times. Add the chopped cilantro. Pulse again. Add the remaining ingredients, and pulse until well puréed. Add more water if you want a smoother consistency. Adjust seasonings (salt, Tabasco, lime, sesame oil).
Chef: Elise Bauer