Grilled Corn Confetti Slaw (or Salsa)
Serve grilled corn confetti slaw on top of grilled fish, in soft meat tacos, as a colorful side dish or a dip with baked pita chips.
6 ears of corn
1 red pepper
2 jalapeño peppers
1 tsp. olive oil
1 bunch green onions, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
1 Tbsp. fresh thyme, chopped basil or cilantro (choose the fresh herb based on the dish you are serving with the slaw/salsa)
Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare grill.
2. Shuck, wash and dry corn and coat with cooking spray.
3. Wash peppers, slice into quarters and coat with cooking spray.
4. Place corn and peppers on the grill for about 10-15 minutes, turning frequently, until corn is lightly browned.
5. Cut kernels off the corn cobs and chop peppers to size similar to corn kernels.
6. Combine corn, peppers and remaining ingredients; season with salt and pepper to taste, toss well.
7 . Chill for 1-2 hours. Serve chilled or at room temperature.