Saturated Fat: 5g
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup onions (finely chopped)
- 1 cup carrots (finely chopped)
- 1 cup celery (finely chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine (or chicken broth)
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- sea salt
- ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- fresh basil (finely shredded, for serving)
- 2 squash (spaghetti)
- olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion, carrot, celery, garlic, oregano and red pepper flakes, and sauté until aromatic, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink.
- Add tomato paste and cook another 2-3 minutes to develop flavor.
- Add red wine and scrape up any browned bits.
- Transfer to slow cooker and add tomato sauce, water, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half and scoop out seeds with a large spoon.
- Place face down on an oiled sheet pan.
- Bake 30-40 minutes until a knife can be inserted into squash easily.
- Using a fork, scrape out spaghetti squash.
- Divide among serving bowls. Top with Bolognese Sauce. Sprinkle with shredded basil.
Chef: Jeanette's Healthy Living