2 (10-ounce) bags fresh spinach or 3 (10-ounce) boxes frozen chopped spinach
1 bunch of leeks, white and light green part only, thinly sliced
2 tsp. olive oil
2 roasted red bell peppers, seeded, peeled and chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup light cream cheese
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 cup dry panko breadcrumbs
2 Tbsp. finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375°.
2. Remove large stems from spinach. Chop spinach into 1-inch pieces. If using frozen spinach, defrost and squeeze out excess water.
3. Sauté spinach until wilted, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
4. Place olive oil in pan over medium heat. Add leeks, red peppers and garlic, sauté for 4-5 minutes or until softened.
5. Add cream cheese and heat to combine. Add spinach, milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper and mix to combine.
6. Place in a 1-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray.
7. Mix bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese and sprinkle over spinach. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.