Saturated Fat: 7g
- 1 spaghetti squash (medium, about 32 ounces, washed and dried)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces kale (frozen chopped, thawed and squeezed dry)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil (loosely packed, finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce (jarred)
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the toaster oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with foil.
- Use a sharp knife to stab the squash a few times all over and microwave* for 5 to 8 minutes on high until a knife easily slides into it.
- Slice open the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Drizzle each half with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place squash onto the prepared baking sheet with the insides facing down. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes until soft and tender.
- Remove squash, flip over and cool for 5 minutes. Leave toaster oven on but reduce temperature to 350F.
- While the squash cools mix together the ricotta, kale, basil and Italian seasoning.
- Carefully, scrape the squash into strands with a fork leaving the skin intact. Divide ricotta equally among squash bowls and mix with squash.
- Spread pizza sauce over each bowl and top with tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Return squashes to the toaster oven and bake uncovered for 10 minutes to warm the ingredients.
- Turn on the broiler and broil for 2-3 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and browned.
- Serve warm topped with fresh basil leaves.
Chef: Toaster Oven Love