Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- 3 patty pan squash, halved & cored
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 2 sprigs rosemary
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups cooked wild rice
- 3 Tbsp parsley, chopped – as garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Lightly oil a baking pan.
- Slice off a wee bit of the stem and bloom end of the squash to create a level surface and cut in half. The only purpose of this slice is to create a level surface to work with so don’t take off too much. Scoop out seeds and pulp, leaving 3/4″ wall.
- Lightly oil the inside and sides of squash. Bake in oven, cut side down, ~ 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip over, and get ready to fill it up.
- Bring a large pan to medium high heat & add 1 1/2 Tbsp of oil. When hot add: onion, carrot, celery, pepper, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Cook ~ 7-9 minutes or until translucent and soft. Add garlic and cook 1-2 minutes or until fragrant. Remove from heat and stir in cooked wild rice. Add salt & pepper to taste.
- Generously fill up the squash with the mixture. Bake uncovered ~ 15 minutes or until squash is tender. Happy Eating! Beckie
Chef: Eat Simple Food