The Town of Berlin is no stranger to Main Street celebrations. Already this year we’ve seen the Cool Berlin Party and the Spring Celebration, with many more to come over the next few months. Up next is the Berlin Heritage Festival, which aims to celebrate the town’s rich heritage. The event comes in conjunction with the 120th Anniversary of The Atlantic Hotel, serving as the perfect excuse for the town to celebrate once again in the streets.
The Heritage Festival will take place this Saturday, April 25, with a rain date set for Sunday, April 26. The festival will cover decades from 1870 to 1960, with activities for all ages, from children to adults. What to expect?
- 18 vintage vehicles and motorcars dating back to the late 1800s
- 11 artisans demonstrating their skills
- Actors in period costumes performing stories from different periods in the streets
- Shopkeepers in traditional costuming
- Merchant window displays filled with artifacts
- Vintage items
- Various musical acts and performances from different time periods, including a closing performance by the Pinetoners.
- Tours of the Calvin B. Taylor Museum with history and popular stories of the town and its famous families
Time: 11am until 4pm
Want to learn more about Berlin’s rich history before Saturday? Take a look at two of our previous articles, one on The Atlantic Hotel and the other on the Taylor House Museum: