On April 8th, Ocean City and Berlin will host events to support the Susan G. Komen Race for a Cure.  This foundation has a vision – a world without breast cancer.  To do that, 75% of the net proceeds stay in our community to fund patient navigation programs, distribution of accurate information about the condition as well as screening, diagnosis and treatment services.  The other 25% of the net proceeds support Komen’s national efforts of researching more effective treatments, developing new early detection technologies and understanding metastasis and how to treat and prevent recurrence.  

What Can I Do to Help?

Participate in the Race

At 9:00am on April 8th there will be a 5K timed run, 5K recreational run/walk and a 1 mile family fun walk along the Ocean City Boardwalk.  At 10:40am there will be a parade of pink and survivor dance party.  Come out and enjoy a morning filled with hope by the ocean.  Don’t forget to wear your pink!  You can register for the race as an individual or a team at the Ocean City Race for the Cure website.  Packet pickup is available April 7th from noon – 7:00pm at the Princess Royale or the morning of the race at the registration tent.

Attend Berlin’s Pink Party

The town of Berlin will be hosting an after party on April 8th from 1:00pm – 5:00pm.  Storefronts and streetlamps will be decorated in pink. Participating Berlin merchants will be offering discounts to race participants and anyone wearing pink.  Some merchants will also be making donations to the Komen Foundation.  There will also be a pink costume contest at 3:00pm in the parking lot behind Fins with prizes for the best pink outfits.  View all the merchants offering discounts and stay up to date


Not in town for the events on April 8th but still want to help?  You can always donate to their organization online.