Wicomico County Recreation & Parks is hosting a virtual Gingerbread House Competition! Enter your homemade gingerbread house via the virtual Facebook event at http://www.facebook.com/WicomicoRec.
Prizes will be awarded in the following categories: children, adult, and family. The children’s prize includes a Salisbury Zoo gift package and a Specific Gravity gift card. The adult prize is an Agave Azul gift card and the family prize includes a Ward Museum Family Membership and a gift card to Fratelli’s Italian Restaurant.
Entries are accepted until 8 a.m. Monday, Dec. 21. Visit the Facebook event to find rules and more information.
1. To enter, post a photo or video of your gingerbread house in the Wicomico’s Gingerbread House Competition Facebook event. In the caption include which division you’re entering in.
2. All entries must be posted/submitted prior to 8 a.m. on Monday, Dec. 21.
- Can depict any structure, real or imaginary.
- Require that all major components, such as roof and walls, be edible.
- Must be entirely edible. No Styrofoam or other support materials are permitted.
- Must be constructed this year (2020).
- Need to be freestanding.
Entries will be judged by a panel that will evaluate overall appearance, creativity, workmanship, and difficulty. Winners will be announced on Wednesday, Dec. 23.
Wicomico County has the right to remove any posted entry that is deemed inappropriate.