Berry Cheesecake Ice-Cream
Saturated Fat: 24g
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened to room temp.)
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons vanilla sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoons corn starch (plus 1 tbsp water)
- In a large bowl using a handheld electric whisk (or in a stand mixer with whisk attachment), whisk heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, condensed milk, and lemon zest and whisk until completely smooth and free of any lumps.
- Gently fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture and transfer to a loaf pan or other container. Cover with lid or cling wrap.
- Place into freezer and freeze for about 4 hours.
- In the meantime, make the blueberry mixture. In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, vanilla sugar, and water.
- Let cook over medium heat for about 5-7 minutes. You want most of the blueberries to have burst and the mixture to be runny.
- In a small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1 tbsp of water to make a slurry. Add it to the blueberry mixture and let cook for another minute.
- Remove blueberry mixture from heat and transfer into a container to put in the refrigerator to cool.
- Once ice cream has rested in freezer for 4 hours, pour blueberry mixture over semi-set ice cream and gently swirl blueberry mixture into ice cream.
- Be careful not to swirl too much or you’ll end up with blue ice cream.
- Pop container back into freezer to let sit overnight.
- When ready to serve, let ice cream sit out for about 10 minutes to soften.
- Enjoy with sugar/waffle ice cream cones and graham crackers.