Black-eyed Pea Dip
Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas (canned)
- 2 cloves garlic (crushed or minced)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from about 1 1/2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon olives (extra virgin)
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup corn (cooked, fresh or frozen, thawed)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (quartered)
- 1/4 cups red onion (minced, finely diced)
- 1/4 cups cilantro (chopped)
- 1 jalapeno chilies (seeded and diced, optional)
- 1 avocado (medium, diced)
- Rinse and drain the black eyed peas in a colander.
- In a large bowl, combine the garlic, lime juice, oil, cumin, crushed red pepper, and salt and mix well.
- Add the black-eyed peas, corn, tomato, red onion, jalapeno if using and cilantro; mix well and refrigerate at least 20 minutes. When ready to eat, gently mix in the avocado and serve right away.