Breakfast Stuffed Mushrooms
Yield: 4 Servings
Saturated Fat: 12g
- 4 portobello caps (large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounces mild sausage (Jones Dairy Farm, patties)
- 4 large eggs (scrambled)
- 1/4 cups basil (diced)
- 2 tablespoons chives (diced)
- kosher salt
- 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove stem and gills from the underside of the mushroom. Make sure there is enough space to fill them up with eggs.
- Rub the inside of the mushroom with a little bit of olive oil and roast in the oven for about 5-7 minutes. Just let the mushroom soften slightly. They still need to keep their shape.
- While the mushrooms are cooking start browning the sausage and breaking up the patties with your spatula. Once the sausage is browned stir in eggs, basil and chives.
- Stir together as you cook so the eggs and ingredients all scramble together.
- Once the eggs are fully cooked add it into the mushroom caps. Pile it one high since you are serving one cap per person.
- Sprinkle each cap with 2 tablespoons shredded cheese and add back to oven for 5 minutes to help melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Chef: Nutmeg Nanny