Saturated Fat: 9g
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup corn kernels (fresh or frozen is fine)
- 1 canned black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (halved)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (diced)
- 1/2 cups salsa (or taco sauce)
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (or Mexican-blend cheese)
- green onions
- sour cream
- Rinse and drain quinoa. Add quinoa, water (as called for on package), and taco seasoning to a large pot and cook according to package instructions.
- In a large oven-proof skillet, stir together cooked quinoa, corn, beans, tomatoes, chicken, and salsa.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil entire skillet on high for about 3 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Garnish with green onion, sour cream, and avocado or guacamole.
Chef: The Seasoned Mom