2 pounds asparagus
2 Tbsp. pecans, chopped
1 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
1 tsp. sugar
Fresh ground pepper, to taste
1 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1. Snap off tough ends of asparagus.
2. Cook with a small amount of water in a skillet for 5 minutes or until tender but crisp.
3. Drain and rinse under cold running water; drain well and place on serving platter.
4. Toast pecans in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes or until fragrant; set aside.
5. Make salad dressing by combining lemon rind, olive oil, vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, pepper and parsley in a jar. Shake well and pour over asparagus.
6. Garnish with toasted pecans.
7. Cover and chill 1-2 hours.