Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- 3 plum tomatoes (ripe)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 cups feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil (fresh chopped, for garnish)
- Dice the tomatoes and mince the garlic. Mix all the ingredients through the dried basil in a bowl together.
- Add the feta cheese and microwave for one minute. If you’re making a huge batch, you can bake it in the oven so the cheese browns a bit which would be delicious. But if you want to stick with the five-minute version, one minute in the microwave is just enough for the cheese to begin to melt and the flavors to meld together.
- Top with fresh basil and more freshly-ground black pepper for garnish. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips or crackers.
- NOTE: The dip is delicious served hot, warm or cold. It’s the perfect dip to put out at a party because it can be enjoyed at room temperature.
Chef: Healthy Recipe Ecstasy