Grilled Hanger Steak
Yield: Makes 4 Servings
Delicious Served with Grilled Sweet Potatoes
Pair a prized cut of steak with a vibrant Argentinian herb sauce.
- Four 8-ounce hanger steaks, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, or to taste
- 2 teaspoons pepper, or to taste
- Preheat a gas grill to medium heat. If you are using a charcoal grill, build a fire and let it burn down until the coals are glowing red with a moderate coating of white ash. Spread the coals in an even bed. Clean the cooking grate.
- Brush the meat with oil and season well with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over direct heat until marked, about 2 minutes on each side. Move the steaks to the cooler part of the grill and continue to grill over indirect medium heat until the desired doneness is achieved.
- Allow to rest briefly before serving, cut across the grain. Serve with the Chimichurri Sauce and Grilled Sweet Potatoes (recipes follow).