Yield: Makes 6 Servings
- 1 pineapple
- 1 1/2 tsp green peppercorns, minced
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/2 cup light tequila
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Preheat the grill to high for 15 minutes.
- Remove the top and bottom from the pineapple. Slice off the skin and remove all the eyes. Remove the core with a round cutter. Slice the pineapple into 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick slices.
- Evenly distribute 1 1/2 teaspoons of the minced green peppercorns on both sides of the pineapple slices.
- Combine the honey, orange juice, tequila, and remaining ½ teaspoon of green peppercorns in a saucepot and cook until liquid has reduced by three-quarters. The sauce will appear slightly thick. Reserve and keep warm.
- Grill the pineapples over high heat on both sides until they are warm and well caramelized.
- Place the grilled pineapple slices on a plate and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the warm sauce. Cover the hole in the pineapple with a scoop of ice cream and serve immediately.