Yield: Makes 1 Serving
Saturated Fat: 0g
A Refreshing Watermelon Cocktail
- 1/4 cup grilled watermelon
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 ounce agave nectar
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 2 dashes rhubarb bitters
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
How to Grill Watermelon
- Take a ripe, seedless whole watermelon and cut it into 1/4-inch-thick round slices. Take the 1/4-inch slices and cut each into four pieces, quartering them.
- Place the watermelon pieces on a hot grill and cook on each side until you have dark grill marks, about 5 minutes per side. The watermelon will not stick to a hot grill, so do not rub any oil on the watermelon or on the grill.
- Remove the watermelon from the grill and allow it to cool completely.
- Remove the rind of the watermelon and cut the flesh into small pieces
- Place the watermelon pieces in a cocktail shaker and add the bourbon, agave, lime juice, rhubarb bitters, and ice.
- Shake for about 20 seconds.
- Pour the entire contents into a glass of your choice or into a Mason jar, and garnish the cocktail by adding a piece of grilled watermelon on top.