Saturated Fat: 8g
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 onions (sliced or diced)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 250 grams tomato passata
- 2 tablespoons tomatoes (purée)
- 150 milliliters vegetable stock
- black pepper
- 500 grams gnocchi
- 150 grams mozzarella cheese (grated)
- sliced mushrooms
- cherry tomatoes
- pizza toppings
- fresh herbs (for serving, I used chives, but basil or parsley would work well too)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (Gas Mark 6 / 400°F).
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan, and cook the garlic and onion over a medium-low heat for a few minutes, until soft. Add the dried herbs, passata, tomato purée, stock and plenty of black pepper, and bring to a simmer. Add the gnocchi, and cook for a few minutes.
- Transfer the gnocchi and sauce to a baking dish measuring around 8 x 6 inches. Top with plenty of grated mozzarella, and then add your pizza toppings. Add a bit more black pepper if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melty and slightly browned.
- Serve topped with plenty of fresh chives.
Chef: Amuse Your Bouche