Saturated Fat: 6g
- 1 1/2 pounds flank steak (thinly sliced and chopped into bite-size pieces)
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 cups broccoli
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 4 tablespoons cold water
- cooked rice
- sesame seeds (for topping)
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add flank steak, beef stock, soy sauce, brown sugar, sesame oil, garlic, and red chili flakes. Stir and cover.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- 30 minutes before serving, add the cornstarch and water mixture to slow cooker. Stir and cook for 30 minutes.
- 10 minutes before serving, heat a pot of water to boiling. Add broccoli and cook for about 5 minutes, or until broccoli is to desired doneness. Drain and add to slow cooker. Mix with beef.
- Serve with rice and top with sesame seeds if desired.
Chef: Tabitha Talks Food