Saturated Fat: 2g
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 1 eggs
- 1 onions (small, diced)
- 4 ounces mushrooms (diced)
- 1/2 red pepper (diced)
- 1/2 yellow peppers (diced)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper (diced)
- 2 ounces fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1 cup bread crumbs (I used have Panko half Italian)
- 1/2 tablespoon whole grain mustard (coarse)
- 1/2 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- If you plan to cook your veggies, add 1 tbsp. olive oil to a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Stir in onions, mushrooms, and peppers. Cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in spinach. Cool.
- Combine all ingredients into a large mixing bowl. Mix until JUST combined. Overworking the meat will make it tough.
- Place into a 6-quart slow cooker and shape into loaf form.
- Cover and cook on low 3-4 hours, or until internal temperature reaches 165F.
- Slice and serve!
Chef: The Cookie Writer