Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- 4 pitas (pocket-less)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2/3 cups salsa
- 1/2 cups low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cups diced red onions (finely)
- 1 roma tomatoes (diced)
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- sour cream (or plain Greek yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place pitas directly on to oven rack and heat for 5-7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and keep warm by wrapping in aluminum foil.
- Meanwhile, cook ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until cooked through and no longer pink. Drain any grease. Return skillet to heat and add in 2/3 cup salsa and cook for 2 minutes.
- Prepare the taco pita pizzas by placing a pita on a plate and topping with the cooked ground beef, shredded cheese, diced onion, diced tomato, avocado, and additional toppings as desired.
Chef: The Nutrition Adventure