Lentils lend a high-fiber content to this delicious soup. Double the portion to make it a meal.
2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil or canola oil
1 chopped onion
10 oz. sliced mushrooms
1 clove minced garlic
1 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 cup dry lentils
2 quarts low-sodium chicken broth
1 lb. cooked turkey, cut into cubes
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
Salt to taste
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add onion, mushrooms and garlic and cook until soft, about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add lentils, soy sauce and broth and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until lentils are tender, but not mushy.
5. Stir in turkey and pepper.
6. Season to taste.