Saturated Fat: 1.5g
- 29 ounces tomatoes (diced Hunt’s, I like to use one regular diced and one fire-roasted diced but you could do two of either variety)
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves
- 1 green bell pepper (or red, chopped small)
- 1 cup mushrooms (chopped small, I use white button mushrooms)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Drain both cans of tomatoes very well. Place one can in a blender or immersion blender cup. Add spinach and blend until well mixed.
- Add the tomato-spinach mixture to a large bowl with remaining can of tomatoes and remaining ingredients, using 1/2 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Mix until well combined and pour the veggie mixture into a greased 2-quart baking dish. Top with the remaining 1 cup of mozzarella cheese and the Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until the dip is bubbly and the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil and serve with baguette slices (toasted, if desired) and mini sweet bell peppers.
Chef: Family Food on the Table