Multi-tasking is a bit over-rated – at least in my opinion. How about you? I often find myself wrapped up in trying to get a bunch of things finished and wind up less productive because I am just jumping from one thing to another. Having a bath and beauty skin care line really proved to me how crazy and overwhelmed I can get trying to multi-task. Making products, trying to fill product orders in a timely manner – and not to mention ordering, research and manufacturing – can all combine to practically consume my life at times. These tasks have kept me up late many nights but I must say my long list of things to do has taught me some valuable lessons. I hope what I have learned may help you with your long to-do lists, too!
How to be more focused and productive everyday:
- First clear your head when you get overwhelmed.
- A cluttered mind is bad Feng Shui; sort your thoughts out.
- Make a list and then prioritize it. Ask yourself what is important right now.
- Forget about what is not important at the time.
- Turn off your phone and the TV so you are not distracted.
- Listen to music that motivates you to get things done.
- Eat a healthy meal or snack to keep you energized.
- Never be afraid to ask for help. Working with others can make you more productive.
- When you stay focused on what you are doing, you feel more content.
- Give yourself a pat on the back for a job well done and if it isn’t well done, re-do it!
- Always try to learn something new about what you do.
- It’s not always luck; it’s skill!
- Keep positive thoughts. If you think you can you will.
- Take chances…do something different.
- Keep inspired and passionate… that’s what makes you, uniquely you.
Christy Stone Trala is an esthetician at Robin Walter Salon & Spa in Ocean Pines, MD and owner of Lucky Girl Bath & Beauty. You can purchase products at the spa, or on the Lucky Girl website (coming soon!). Upcoming art and trade show will be held at the Gold Coast Mall in Ocean City, MD on May 17,18 & 19th. All of the newest products will be there! For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org